If you were wondering which are the best movie theaters around the world, you’d better kick back, have a cold one and enjoy this post. We are here for you, so that the next time you’ll have to chose where to see a movie, it won’t be that difficult to make a choice. When it comes to theaters, you’ll want the best there is, and that’s because you will look for comfort and good services. Check out the 10 best movie theater chains out there!
10. Landmark Cinemas
This movie theatre chain operates 48 theatres across the four western provinces of Canada and in Ontario. Founded in 1965, its corporate office is located in Calgary, Alberta. In 2013, Landmark Cinemas announced the purchase of 23 theatres in Ontario and Western Canada from Empire Theatres. This made Landmark the second-largest cinema chain in Canada with 54 locations and 359 screens.
9. B&B Theatres
B&B Theatres was founded in 1924, and operates in Missouri, Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma and Florida, USA. B&B Theatres selected in September 2009 the Christie Digital Systems to supply 2k digital projectors for the circuit’s transition to realD 3D capable digital cinema. In October 2014, B&B purchased Kansas-based operator Dickinson Theatres, and it currently operates 233 screens.
8. National Amusements
The American privately owned theater company, National Amusements, was founded in 1936 as the Northeast Theatre Corporation by Michael Redstone. Owned by Michael Redstone’s son, Sumner Redstone, who holds 80% of the company, and Sumner’s daughter, Shari Redstone, who owns the remaining 20%, the company operates more than 1,500 movie screens across the United States, the United Kingdom, Latin America, and Russia.
7. Harkins Theatres
Harkins Theatres boasts locations throughout the Southwestern United States, the Harkins Theatres is operated by its parent company, Harkins Enterprises, LLC. Putting $50 down on the lease to take over the State Theatre, Dwight “Red” Harkins opened the State Theatre in Tempe in 1933. The Harkins Theatres company currently operates 30 theaters with 432 screens throughout Arizona, California, Colorado, Oklahoma, and Texas.
6. Marcus Theatres
Marcus Theatres was founded by Ben Marcus with the purchase of a single movie theatre screen in Ripon, Wisconsin, on November 1, 1935. It operates two principal divisions: Marcus Theatres and Marcus Hotels and Resorts, and owns or manages screens in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Ohio.
5. Cineplex Entertainment
The Cineplex Entertainment is one of Canada’s largest entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including movie theatres, food services, gaming, and alternative programming. Cineplex Entertainment operates 161 theatres with 1,635 screens in all 10 Canadian provinces from coast to coast, serving approximately 71 million guests annually. With over 10,000 employees, the company’s revenue for 2010 was $ 1.010 billion (CAN).
4. Carmike Cinemas
Carmike Cinemas operates or holds an interest in 254 theaters with 2,623 screens in 37 states, and is one of the largest movie theater companies in the United States. Founded when Carl L. Patrick, Sr. acquired Martin Theatres from Fuqua Industries in 1982, its name was derived from a combination of the first names of Carl L. Patrick, Sr.’s two sons, Carl Jr. and Michael, hence “Carmike.” Carmike theaters are largely positioned in rural or suburban areas with populations under 200,000, and operates under various names.
3. Cinemark Theatres
The Cinemark Theatres is operating in North and South America, and Taiwan, and it is headquartered in Plano, Texas. Started in 1984 by Lee Roy Mitchell as a chain of theatres in Texas, Utah, and California, Cinemark became the third largest theatre chain in the United States and the second largest theatre chain in the world. The company operates theaters under several brands, including its flagship Century Theatres, Tinseltown USA, Cinemark, CinéArts, and Rave Cinemas.
2. AMC Theatres
AMC Entertainment was founded in 1920, and has the second-largest share of the American market, behind Regal Entertainment Group. The chain has 346 locations mostly in North America, along with 86 more locations in mainland China The company introduced stadium-style seating, in which the seats are placed on risers so that each person has an unobstructed view of the screen, and adjustable armrests.
1. Regal Entertainment Group
The Regal Entertainment Group is an American movie theater chain that operates the largest and most geographically diverse theater circuit in the United States. Regal Entertainment Group consists of 7,334 screens in 588 locations in 44 states, and as of September 2013, it can be found in with Guam, Saipan, American Samoa, Grand Cayman, and the District of Columbia.
Movie Theater Etiquette | the slightly different etiquette | watch now